9 Days Northern Safari & Kilimanjaro Trek
The 9 days Northern Safari & Kilimanjaro Trek has designed to meet requirements for visitors, who wish to go on safari in Northern Tanzania and trekking Kilimanjaro Mountain. You will spend 4 days in northern parks which are Tarangire, Serengeti & Ngorongoro before trekking the Kilimanjaro Mountain for 5 days via Marangu Route.
Marangu route is well-developed and the climb is moderate and gradual. However, the approach to the summit is the exception because it is more demanding. The accommodation on this route is in simple mountain huts, which might be an advantage compared to the routes offering camping options.
You will be picked up from your hotel and dropped off in your hotel in Arusha town.
Included9 Days Northern Safari & Kilimanjaro Trek
Day 1. Tarangire National Park
Depart Arusha at 08:00 am heading to Tarangire national park. It takes only 2 - 21/2 hours (120km) drive to reach the national park entrance. You will have almost 10 minutes for the washroom at the entrance while your guide complete legal formalities at the park authority offices before morning & afternoon game drive (Lunch Included). Early evening after game drive you will exit the park heading to your Lodge for Dinner & Overnight
Why visit Tarangire national park!?
- land of giants (Herds of giant Elephants & Baobab trees),
- Over more than 550 different bird species (both migratory and residency)
- The abundance of biodiversity (Animals & Plants),
- Tarangire River (flows water throughout the year from south to north) and
- Other attractions Including wild animals, such as lion, leopard, cheetah, buffalo, wildebeest, Giraffe, Antelopes
Day 2. Serengeti National Park
- Voted as the Best National Park in Africa
- Great Wildebeest Migration (Over 1.5 Million wildebeest migrate to Maasai Mara)
- The endless plain
- Among of the 7th World wonders
- The high number of predators (Leopards, Cheetah, Hyenas, Lions)
- Large Troops of Lions (a group of 8 – 12 lions can be spotted at once)
Day 3. Serengeti National Park
Full day in the Serengeti National Park. We are completely flexible with your preferences and this day will be organized according to your wishes. On every day of the safari, your guide will discuss with you the best time for you for wake up and game drive, however, at 6 am during sunrises is the best time for a game drive (highly recommended)
For example, on this day, you could do a morning game drive, return to the camp for lunch and relaxation and finish with an afternoon game drive, or you could do a full day game drive with picnic lunch.
In the evening you will exit the park heading to Ngorongoro Conservation Area for Dinner & Overnight
Why early morning game drive at Serengeti National Park!?
- Animals and Birds are awakenings (Best time to spot animals & birds)
- Animals are more active than an afternoon
- Best time to experience the adventure (such as Predators hunt Prays)
- Best time to capture beautiful pictures for unforgettable memories
Day 4. Ngorongoro Crater
After morning breakfast depart the Camp with your picnic Lunch (or you will return to the Camp for Hot Lunch (it is your choice)) descending the amazing Ngorongoro Crater for spending your day spotting the wonders of Crater. At the crater, there is a possibility to spot all Big 5 animals (Lions, Leopards, Elephants, Buffalo & Black Rhino (Depending on the day)). During the afternoon you will be served your picnic lunch/ return to the lodge for lunch then followed by afternoon game drive till evening where you will exit the park heading to Arusha for Dinner & Overnight
Why visit Ngorongoro Conservation Area!?
- Ngorongoro Crater (The Caldera with an abundance of wild animals)
- Home of Big 5 animals, with a high possibility to spot all of them
- Among of the 7th world wonders
- A place in the world where Humans coexistence with wild animals
- Amazing landscape, and
- Other wildlife
Day 5. Marangu Gate – Mandara Hut
After breakfast, your adventure to the roof of Africa will begin. A journey of 3 hours drive will be maximum to reach the Marangu Gate. Your hike will begin soon after completing the necessary registrations at the gate.
After about 3 hours of hiking, you will have your packed lunch at Kisambioni before proceeding with further 2 hours passing through the dense rain forest. On arrival at Mandara Hut, you will rest before visiting Maundi Crater.
Dinner & Overnight at Mandara Hut
- Hiking Distance: 8km / 5 miles
- Hiking Time: 4-6 hours
- Zone: Rain Forest
Day 6. Mandara Hut – Horombo Hut
After breakfast, you will depart from Mandara Hut heading out of the rain forest into heather moorland. Our today's destination is Horombo Hut. The hike to Horombo Hut will take about 5 to 6 hours including time for lunch. During your ascent, you will spot spectacular plants such as giant lobelia and the giant groundsel.
On arrival, you will relax and later in the evening you will be served with dinner before an Overnight
- Hiking Distance: 12 km/7.2 miles
- Hiking Time: 5-7 hours
- Zone: Rain Forest-Moorland
Day 7. Horombo Hut – Kibo Hut
On day 4 you will proceed with hiking for 6 hours after breakfast. Our destination today is Kibo Hut. We will cross the “saddle,” the area located between the peaks of Mawenzi and Kibo in an alpine desert. After lunch and relaxation, dinner will be served early in the evening to allow adequate rest before attempting the summit the same night. Our guides will brief you in detail on how to prepare for the summit night. You will spend the night at the Kibo Hut.
- Hiking Distance: 10km / 6 miles
- Hiking Time: 5-7 hours
- Zone: Low alpine zone / High alpine zone
Day 8. Kibo Hut – Uhuru Peak – Horombo Hut
After a cup of hot tea and a light snack, the climb begins around midnight when the lava ash is still frozen, and walking on it is easier. it takes 5 to 7 hours up to the Uhuru peak. You will hike the screes of Kibo and you will arrive at Hans Meyer Cave (5,220 m).
Climbing is slowly but surely going upwards, At sunrise, you will reach Gilman’s Point (5,681 m) which is the crater rim of Mt Kilimanjaro then you will have 2 hours climb along the crater ridge that leads you to Uhuru Peak (5,895 m). You are now standing on the “Roof of Africa” and you will see Kilimanjaro in all its glory.
After enjoying the Summit of the Mount Kilimanjaro you will descend to Horombo Hut where you will have a hot lunch prepared by chefs.
After relaxing during the evening, you will have Dinner and Overnight at Horombo Hut
- Hiking Distance:5km / 3 miles ascent and then 15km / 8 mile descent
- Hiking Time: 6-8 hours to the summit and then 5-8 hours to Horombo Hut
- Zone: Glacial zone, high alpine zone, and low alpine zone
Day 9. Horombo Hut – Marangu Gate – Arusha
The final leg of your amazing adventure begins after breakfast with a traditional farewell ceremony from the mountain crew. It will take 4 to 5 hours from Horombo Hut (3,700 m) to Marangu Gate (1,860 m)). After reaching the Kilimanjaro gate you will be signed out and awarded a golden certificate after reaching the Summit (Uhuru Peak). Ready for the next drive to Arusha
- Hiking Distance: 20km / 12.5 miles
- Hiking Time: 6-8 hours
- Zone: Low alpine zone & Rain Forest
|All activities (Unless labeled as optional)|
|A professional driver/guide|
|All Meals (As specified in the itinerary)|
|Drinks (As specified in the itinerary)|
|Tips form safari driver/guide and chief|
|travel insurance, visa fees|
|All things of personal nature|