5 Days Serengeti Great Wildebeest Migration
The 5 days/ 4 Nights Great Migration Safari is ideal for experiencing the world’s most spectacular natural events just at your doorstep! Watch over a million wildebeest, zebra, and antelope migrating clockwise around the Serengeti-Masai Mara ecosystem,
taking in two different countries and making time for birthing, courting, and mating on the way.
Day 1. Tarangire National Park
Depart Arusha at 07:30 am heading to Tarangire national park. It takes only 2 - 21/2 hours (120km) drive to reach the national park entrance.
You will have almost 10 minutes for the washroom at the entrance while your guide completes legal formalities at the park authority offices before the morning & afternoon game drive (including the Lunch). Early evening after game drive you will exit the park heading to your Lodge for Dinner & Overnight
Why visit Tarangire national park!?
- land of giants (Herds of giant Elephants & Baobab trees),
- Over more than 550 different bird species (both migratory and residency)
- The abundance of biodiversity (Animals & Plants),
- Tarangire River (flows water throughout the year from south to north) and
- Other attractions Including wild animals, such as lion, leopard, cheetah, buffalo, wildebeest, Giraffe, Antelopes
Day 2. Serengeti National Park
Today your trip will start early in the morning after a hot breakfast. You will depart the Campsite ready for Spending 3 (three) days at Serengeti National Park. It takes about 4h30 min to 5 hours (250 km) to drive up to the Park entrance.
While heading to Serengeti you will transit Ngorongoro Conservation Area for game drive en-route and having a chance to spot the view of Ngorongoro Crater before reaching the Serengeti entrance gate. (Naabi Gate).
After lunch, the afternoon game drive will begin till evening where you will go to your campsite for dinner & Overnight.
Why Visit Serengeti National Park!?
- Voted as the Best National Park in Africa
- Great Wildebeest Migration (Over 1.5 Million wildebeest migrate to Maasai Mara)
- The endless plain
- Among the 7th World wonders
- The high number of predators (Leopards, Cheetah, Hyenas, Lions)
- Large Troops of Lions (group of 8 – 12 lions can be spotted at once)
Day 3. North Serengeti
Today the game drive will start during sunrises. After a simple breakfast (cup of Coffee/Tea & snacks), you will start the morning game drive around 06:30 am till late morning around 10:00 Am where you will return to your lodge for a full breakfast.
After full breakfast, you will proceed with a game drive in Serengeti while heading to the north, in pursuit of the migrating animals. We will be heading to the Mara river where we try to spot the migration. In the evening you will go to the Camp for dinner & Overnight
Why you should see the Wildebeest Migration!?
- Million wildebeest cross the Mara River on the Serengeti plains
- The Great Migration is the largest overland migration in the world.
- A Once-In-A-Lifetime Travel Experience
- The Great Migration is More Than Wildebeests
Day 4. North Serengeti – Central Serengeti – Ngorongoro Conservation Area
On day 4 we continue with our game drives at North Serengeti then heading back to central Serengeti. In the afternoon we’ll be heading to the Ngorongoro conservation area. We overnight at Simba Campsite which is a few hundred meters away from the crater rim.
Day 5. Ngorongoro Crater
After morning breakfast depart the Campsite with your picnic Lunch descending the amazing Ngorongoro Crater for spending your day spotting the wonders of Crater.
The crater is famous for Big 5 animals (Lions, Leopards, Elephants, Buffalo & Black Rhino (Depending with the day). During the afternoon you will be served the lunch then exiting the crater returning to Arusha for Dinner & Overnight
Why visit Ngorongoro Conservation Area!?
- Ngorongoro Crater (The Caldera with the abundance of wild animals)
- Home of Big 5 animals, with high possibility to spot all of them
- A place in the world where Humans coexistence with wild animals
- Amazing landscape, and
- Other wild animals
- Park fees
- All Taxes/VAT
- All activities (Unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation
- All Meals (As specified in the itinerary)
- Drinks (As specified in the itinerary)
- International flights
- Tips form safari driver/guide and chief
- Personal items
- travel insurance, visa fees
- All things of personal nature